Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pretty Things


Recently I came across a blog that I have become somewhat obsessed with. I try not to spend too much time looking at a lot of blogs because before I know it, 2 hrs have gone by and the laundry is still dirty, the sink is still full of dishes and I forgot the dog was outside and he almost froze to death. So, I really try and limit my time on the computer- this is another reason I refuse to join facebook.

Anyway, I have been looking at Decor8 for awhile, which is a very popular blog, but I recently realized that Holly, the writer of Decor8 has another blog, called Haus Maus, where she writes aboout living in Germany with her husband. They had a vacation place there for a couple years before recently relocating there full time. They are currently looking for a new "flat", but their current place just makes me swoon. I could look at these pictures forever- they just make me so happy. First of all, she takes great pics, and secondly, I love her decorating style. I love all the white, with the soft pastels. I am not sure I could ever decorate quite like this with a toddler around, but it is all just so pretty. It makes me realize that I really like pretty things for your home- vases, candles, fresh flowers.


The reason why I think I enjoy reading this blog a little more than Decor8 is because it is personal, it's about her and her experiences there- being an American girl in Germany. It all sounds very romantic and exciting.

Anyway, check it out if you'd like. I'm off to buy some flowers from Produce Junction!

2 comments:

Gwyneth said...

Jen, The pictures of this house look very similar to your home! Your decorating style seems to be the same. By the way, how are you liking House Beautiful?

The Jones' said...

ah Gwyn- I haven't gotten a copy yet, but I looked it up online and I think it starts in March, so I should get one some time in the next couple weeks. but I was looking at the one from Christmas just last night :-)