Friday, January 15, 2010

Etsy Fridays

I am trying to be better about doing more posts. One of the reasons I don't post as much as I'd like is because I don't always have things to post about. I don't want this to become a blog where I just post pictures that I find other places. I will probably do that some times, I just don't want to make it a habit.


So, I had an idea that every Friday, ( don't hate me if I sometimes miss one or two) I will post some things I am lusting after on Etsy. For those of you who are not familiar with Etsy, you can watch an informative video here. But, basically it is people selling handmade, and vintage things. You can also buy supplies (like fabric). I haven't bought much from Etsy, but when I have, I have been pleased. It also feels good to support homemade. Sometimes the amount of choices on Etsy is overwhelming, but if you take the time to sort through it all, you can find some great treasures that you would never be able to buy anywhere else.

I'll probably stick to mostly home/decorative goods, but may occasionally post a great handbag or scarf that is just so pretty it should be mentioned.

So, here it goes.....


These would look darling in a nursery


These would look good in my living room


I'm not usually a fan of wall decals, but I like the modern look of these. I think they would look best in a modern home that is in the mountains somewhere.


These look like they are in perfect condition and I could use a new wooden salad bowl since my one from Pottery Barn is peeling.


So, there you have it. You will have to let me know if you think this is a good idea, or if you are bored with it. I won't be offended.

Hope you have a happy weekend :-)

3 comments:

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

I haven't explored much on Etsy yet, but from what I've heard, it's pretty cool. Looking forward to your Etsy Fridays!

Mom W. said...

Maybe you should introduce Leanne to Etsy. I would love to see her introduce her beautiful tile creations to the rest of the world!
XO

Gwyneth said...

Jen, I like the idea of seeing different things every Friday. Also good ideas for future gifts for sister-in-laws and others!