Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas Dinner

For the first time since we moved into our home, I hosted a Holiday dinner.  It wasn't real big, 8 people (plus Aiden), which was the perfect number for our small abode.  My wonderful husband quickly snapped some photos for me before people arrived since I was busy in the kitchen.  I realized that I am so thankful that our kitchen is tucked in the back of the house, hidden, because it was a mess throughout the night!

Anyway, here is the table.  The place cards tied around the napkins I bought from the  same Etsy store where I bought our "Merry Chirsitmas" banner.  






I set up appetizers out in the living room and the windowsill in our dining room is the perfect place to set up drinks. 





There was plenty of room on the buffet and the console to set all the food so that it didn't have to be on the table.  



All in all, I think it went well.  I really enjoyed hosting and hope to do it again in the years to come!!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!  We are trying to recover and find a place for all of Aiden's new toys.  

2 comments:

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

It looked absolutely lovely! Hosting can be stressful, but very rewarding at the same time! Looks like you pulled it off great.

Steph said...

Hi.

Can I be you?

Love,
S

PS - for real, though. Your house looked like a magazine in those pics. You rock.