Sunday, December 20, 2009

Deck the Halls

Now that there is more than a foot of snow on the ground, it seems appropriate to do my Christmas decorating post.  And not to mention the fact that Christmas is only 5 days away!!  





I went with a more sliver theme this year instead of the traditional green and red.  





If you feel like you need some quick and easy decorations, notice the wrapped picture frame as presents (something I have been doing since our first Christmas when we were married and in our apartment).  Also, hanging ornaments in front of a mirror or window, and of course the popular ornaments in a vase or bowl.  




This sparkly tree and reindeer I got from good 'ol Home Goods.  I also got the white tree with the balls that match the wallpaper from there.  








This is my favorite thing I purchased this year.  It's from Etsy, and here is the link to the store.  There are a ton of this type of thing on Etsy, but this was my favorite.  I wanted something to hang in the doorway between the living and dining rooms and this fits perfectly.  



So, that's pretty much it.  I am hosting a small Christmas dinner (8 people), and have been planning the table settings for that, so hopefully I remember to take pictures and post.  

Hope you had  a good weekend!

3 comments:

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

It looks fantastic! The idea of wrapping photo frames to look like gifts - genius! Love the sparkly tree and reindeer, and the ornaments in the vase... okay, I love it all! :)

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

Oh, and the decked out mirror is fab, too. I was also curious what that piece of art is made of that's hanging up in the picture with the sparkly tree? Looks like twigs or something?

The Jones' said...

Amanda- It is twigs!! We got it at a store that was closing for a great deal and it is one of my favorite things that we bought for the house. We put lights behind it for Christmas :-)