Monday, October 11, 2010

Not enough time

Life is busy!! I have a whole list of projects in my head that I want to do around here, and I simply just don't have enough time. I feel like I can barely keep up with the every day to day things like laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. So when I do take time to do a project, then those things get ignored, and then I can't function and poor Rob has to deal with my crazy. Also, we're in Phillies post-season, and if you know us at all, you know that our schedules revolve around the Phillies and we can be somewhat consumed by it all. However, I don't really look at that as a negative- this is one of the most exciting times in the Phillies baseball franchise history, and we are loving every minute of it.


The bedroom project seems to be at a standstill. The picture wall is done, but I would rather finish a few other little things before sharing more pics. I am trying to be really intentional about fabrics, so I am still picking them out. We haven't moved the closet into the bedroom yet and the next step is scheduling an Ikea trip without Aiden to get the closet pieces.

On top of everything I am trying to figure out with the bedroom, I have a whole list of little projects around here that I would like to do:

-repaint dining room table because it was never done properly
-put another coat of spray paint on the dining room chairs from last year
-cover a chair that I bought a year ago on Craigslist
-change pillows/fabric in living room for fall/winter

I'm sure there's more, my mind is just not working well today.

Anyway, the good news is that I did get one project done last week....


If you remember, a long time ago, I talked about how I wanted an IKEA Rast dresser for this space next to the sofa since our end tables didn't work with the sectional. I had one upstairs in the hall which I quickly painted and it has been in the living room since.

A couple months ago, on an Ikea trip I picked up another dresser (which is now reduced to only $30 instead of $40!!). I had seen the idea with the staining and white drawers on this blog, and loved it.

So, after the dresser sat in it's box in the basement for awhile, I finally brought it out, put it together, and over the span of about 2 weeks, got it finished.

I wanted to do it right this time, so I painted every inch of the drawers, and even lined them with leftover wallpaper.


I'm really happy with how it turned out. I still would like to get different knobs, as these I had originally bought from Anthro on sale with the idea to use them in our bathroom some day. But, these are fine for now until I find what I want.


Well, hopefully I will feel more inspired/mostivated in the upcoming weeks and I will have much more to share with you. Until then, GO PHILS!!!



3 comments:

Lovely Little Nest said...

The dresser looks fabulous, and I love your couch! Where is it from?

The Jones' said...

thanks!

the sofa is from Ikea- and we love it!! we have a 2 and a half year old who loves to jump and climb all over it and I feel like getting this sofa was the best decision!

here's my post with all the info:

http://theinspiredecorator.blogspot.com/2010/03/its-here.html

Mom said...

Jen, this is long overdue, but you did a great job on the dresser. Sorry if I didn't notice it last weekend when Dad & I stopped by. I guess you have to point these things out to me! XO