Saturday, October 30, 2010

Closet!!

The new closet is up and running. Except that we have no curtains around it yet, but, it's up!! Thanks to my wonderful, hard-working husband. He did all of it. I can and will take no credit for it. We were able to make an Ikea trip a couple weeks ago to get everything and then Rob put it together last weekend. So, over the past week we've been moving our clothes over and organizing. I've decided it's good to do projects like this so that you are forced to sort through things and get rid of things you don't need.

Here is the picture of the bare wall. This is the wall to the right as you walk in through the door from the hallway.


And here it is up (and empty)


And now with most of our things moved into it.




We wanted to include a shelf for the TV, which worked out perfectly. We don't watch much TV in the bedroom, in fact, it's not even hooked up to cable. We just use it for dvds when we want to watch the occassional movie in bed, or when we're trying to keep Aiden happy while we get dressed in the morning. So keeping it hidden in the "closet" works well.

I'm really happy with how it turned out and although we may not necessarily have more space by moving the closet into the bedroom, we have at least the same amount, and it is more organized, which is what is most important to me anyway. I am now eager to get curtains up because I feel like the room is really coming together . I'll have more updates to share this week with pictures.

Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!!

1 comments:

Mom W. said...

I've been watching for the completed project...very nice! You both did a great job on it. I know you feel very good, Jen, to have everything organized.
XO