Monday, April 6, 2009

Done

The wallpaper and frame are finally completely finished.  I love how it turned out.  It is exactly how I pictured it.  It is good to have the dining room project completely done.  It was also a lot easier and less stressful doing it in stages.  I tend to want everything done at once and I feel like this was good for me and makes me appreciate it more.   Here are some pictures of the wallpaper process.   Enjoy...



Here is the wall primed and ready to be papered.  Rob and I measured out a space using a level.  We wanted it to start just above the buffet and go all the way up to the ceiling where the molding is on the doorway into the kitchen



My wonderful mother (an experienced wallpaper hanger) came and hung the wallpaper.  This was a huge help as it would have taken us probably 4 times as long.  I was so impressed with how you can't even tell it is 4 different sheets.  She matched it up perfectly!  Thanks Mom!



The wallpaper is up, but no frame





Next step was getting up the frame.  Our original thought was that we would stain the wood for the frame the same color as the buffet.  However, when we attempted to get that color, it looked bad.  It just looked dirty and I thought that it would ruin the clean feeling of freshness that the wallpaper has.  So we opted to just paint it white, which at first I was skeptical about, but I really like how it turned out.  The reason why I like it so much is that I feel like the frame is barely noticeable, you just see the wallpaper.  I think with the darker frame, your eyes would have been drawn first to the frame, so, it all worked out well and came together.

Here is a picture of the frame pieces that we painted.  Rob helped me A LOT with this project and I couldn't have done this without him!  He got the wood, measured, cut, and got it up on the wall.   (one thing I just realized in this picture is how ugly our patio looks-this will be an upcoming project this spring/summer)



Here it is complete...






One of my favorite things about the wallpaper is that when you are sitting on the sofa and looking into the dining room, you can see the wallpaper in the mirror that is on the left wall!



Well, here you have it!!  I hope that you enjoyed reading about the dining room and that it inspires you to take on a project in your home.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love it! I kept checking to see when you were going to show the finished product! Love the pattern, the color compliments the wall color beautifully. You do inspire Jen...I will have to have you come over and help when we move..soon hopefully! Miss you guys TIffany

Gwyneth said...

Jen, it looks great! Good job on being inspired to do the project and all the follow through. I look forward to seeing it and other new decorative things in your home in a few months!

Liz Harrell said...

Fantastic! I know I'm late to the party on this one, but hats off! This is great.