Monday, August 30, 2010

Goodbye summer- you've been good to us

It's hard saying goodbye. It's been a fabulous summer. Probably the busiest we've had since being married. Rob and I got away by ourselves to Florida in June to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary, Maine in July, and Ocean City NJ a few weeks ago in August. With lots going on in between- play dates, weddings, parties. It really has been great, and we feel blessed to be able to have taken the time to go away and spend time with each other and family.

However, I am looking forward to things getting back to "normal", whatever that is. We have already started to adjust to Rob's new weekend work schedule, which so far hasn't been too bad. In fact, in some ways, it's been nicer. But there are some difficult things about it that we are figuring out. Rob is also going to start taking classes this fall to work towards his Masters in Nursing. Even though these are really big changes for Rob, and our family, I'm so proud of my husband and his motivation to provide for our family and his desire to challenge himself in his career. I also know that I will need to learn some new ways to support him in these changes.

The one nice thing about Rob's new schedule is it gives us more time to work on house projects. Last week we started on the bedroom project by getting the bedroom painted. I also found the perfect rug for the bedroom, that only cost $40. Rob and I are heading out to Ikea later this week to pick up some things and to do some planning for moving the closet into the bedroom. I don't want to post any bedroom pictures yet because there is still a lot to do. But, it is coming along, and I already love it so much more than before.

I'm starting to work on the details in the bedroom that will really make the space. I've decided that I want to use some vintage fabric in the space to soften the modern lines and tone down all the white. Etsy has been a great source to find things like this. I've been trying to find inspiration through blogs and other online sources.






Also, this book, which I got for my birthday, has some great ideas too.


I hope everyone has had a great summer, and hopefully you are doing something really fun this labor day weekend as a last hurrah.

I'll be back soon, hopefully with some bedroom progress and some Etsy Fridays again too.


0 comments: